Welcome back Friends, now that we know "Who is an Internet Marketer?" let’s move ahead with our online marketing information quest. Today we are going to discuss about The Advantages of Internet Marketing.
Everyday millions of people hit the web to find products and information. And starting an online business is no longer about location. The number of internet users is on a rapid rise worldwide having an online age group comprised of people of all age and types. Unlike traditional forms of advertising, such as billboard in Times Square or a Selena Gomez Album release ad, online marketing is much more affordable, targeted and can be tracked with convenience. Thus online marketing can be a powerful tool that can put you on solid footing with bigger companies rather than offline marketing(TV Ads, Billboards, Points-of-Purchase, etc.) which is only going to leech out huge sums with practically no tracking convenience at all.
For an easier summation of all the Advantages I’ve explained the most important ones –
- Expanded Reach The online advertising gives your ads a more wider coverage and this globally expanded reach helps in making your advertisements reach more audiences. This in turn may ultimately help you in getting better results through your online advertising campaign.
- Better Targeted Audiences When compared with offline advertising, online advertising always helps you to reach the targeted audience and this helps in making your campaigns more profitable and getting more relevant leads. Online Marketing reaps out the better evaluation from your Targeted Audiences.
- Fits in your wallet Another main advantage of online marketing is the much affordable price when compared with the traditional advertising costs. With a much lesser cost you can advertise on the net for a wider range of audience and geographical locations. There are multiple advertising channels where you can set your campaign up. We will discuss the various streams a bit later.
- Easy to Track and Measure Conversion Measurability and easiness to track the conversion positions online advertising miles ahead on the traditional advertising methods. A lot of effective analytics tools are available to measure online advertising campaigns which helps in, innovating more improvisation of the ads.
- Speed Online advertising is much faster than offline advertising and you can start sending out your ads to a wider audience, the moment you start your advertising campaign. The results are also pretty much faster!
- Informative In online advertising, the information on product(s) or service(s) is the main goal optimized by an advertiser. If he/she is able to convey more details about the advertisement to the audience and that too at relatively low cost then the campaign is a success. Most of the online advertising campaigns are composed of a clickable link to a specific landing page, where users get more information about the product mentioned in the ad.
- Flexible Payment Payment flexibility is another added advantage of online advertising and marketing. In offline advertising you need to pay the full amount to the advertising agency irrespective of the results but in online advertising there is the flexibility of paying for only qualified leads, clicks or impressions.
- Optimized ROI Since online advertising is mainly focused on performance based payment, you ROI is sure to be far better when compared with offline advertising.
- Easy Audience Engagement Online advertisement makes it easy for the audience to engage themselves with your ads or products. As an advertiser we would be able to get more feedback from the audience and thereby improve the quality of our ads going forward.
- Increasing the Brand Equity Any form of advertising helps in improving the branding of that product(s) or service(s) and online marketing stands a top notch in improving the overall online brand equity.
Phew! Now that’s quite a lot of advantages! I hope you liked reading it! Check out my next post on "Role of Integrated Marketing Communications"